Saturday, January 5, 2013

BI Apps and EBS integration: “You are not currently signed in to the Oracle BI Server”



Whilst integrating one of our internal OBIEE 11g system with E-Business Suite R12 installation, I hit a problem where I was getting an error logging into BI from EBS:
You are not currently signed in to the Oracle BI Server.
If you have already signed in, your connection might have timed out, or a communications or server error may have occurred.
To sign in again, click here. If the problem persists, please contact the site's administrator.
I had followed note 1343143.1 on My Oracle Support “Integrating Oracle Business Intelligence Application with Oracle E-Business Suite” but still the integration didn’t work.
In nqserver.log file all I could see was the error:
[nQSError: 43126] Authentication failed: invalid user/password
When I checked bi_server1-diagnostic.log I saw:
eue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: BISystemUser] [ecid: 37b19882ec6a75ba:-10a729f9:13832399f30:-8000-0000000000000944,0:1:1:8:1] [APP: bimiddleware#11.1.1] Authenticating user ''...
Taking note of the empty quote marks at the end of the last error message suggested that the username wasn’t getting populated.
Check the ‘EBS Security Context’ initialization block in OBIEE Admin I found that the block supplied with BI Apps 7.9.6.3 populates a variable ‘OLTP_EBS_USER’ with the username and not the special variable ‘USER’.
So the solution was to change OLTP_EBS_USER in the ‘EBS Security Context’ initialization block to be the ‘USER’ variable (I had to change it in the Authorization init block to free up the special variable):
‘EBS Security Context’ initialization block